I cleaned out my bathroom cabinet this week and was amazed at the amount of stuff I threw out. Empty spray bottles, half used moisturisers, old eye shadows, dried mascaras and plenty of mini pallets and strange lippy colours that came as free gifts which I never used. I counted..and do you know I have 7 makeup bags. 7! No wonder there is no room in there!! I took a deep breath and went in for the cull!!
I thought I would open up my bag and show you my top beauty items I love and which I which I think every mummy needs.
- Tinted Moisturiser with SPF;
- Primer – I LOVE the Laura Mercier Primer. It’s not greasy, gives a great base for your foundation and really just makes your face brighter and smoother;
- Under Eye Concealer – A. MUST. Do not pass go, do not collect $200. Any mummy knows this stuff is her best friend! Laura Mercier is again my top choice. A necessity for those mornings when you’ve had no sleep;
- Foundation – I used to spend ridiculous amounts of money on foundation. My skin is really sensitive and took me a long time to find something that I could wear without ending up looking like a botchy teenager. So what is it you ask? Covergirl. Yep, the cheap and cheerful, $20 a pop bottle you can get from the supermarket. Its tops – really;
- Compact Powder – Maybelline Dream Matte Powder;
- Eyeliner – Black Eggagerate, waterproof eye definer from Rimmel. It’s more a crayon than a pencil and has a groovy little sponge-thingy that fixes up mistakes and makes it look like you meant to go all Smokey-eyed;
- Mascara. My All time favourite make up item. I am lucky to have long lashes. So long, in fact that I find it hard to find sunnies that sit just right so my lashes don’t brush against them all the time. I’m loving my Estee Lauder Double Wear, Zero Smudge Waterproof stuff;
- Lipstick. I have a confession to make. I HATE putting on lipstick. Seriously, I do. Who has time to constantly reapply anyway? This being so I ONLY ever buy all day stay on types that I can put on in the morning and forget about. Maybelline is my current favourite – Stayput 24 Colour. Just be careful your 2yr old doesn’t get a hold of it and smear it all over her dolls faces’ and your leather lounge. It doesn’t all come off.
I normally get the majority of my makeup from StrawberryNet. Whoever thought of this company is a genius. They stock EVRYTHING, have great prices, ship quickly, always have discounts and freebies as well. If you haven’t seen them before – you are missing out!
What sort of stuff are your necessities? Share and Share alike! The more great products we know about the more we can all look like yummier mummies!