Master O is being a picky eater of late. He’s sick, and I’m hoping once he’s 100% again he’ll be back to his normal gannaty self! In the meantime, I’ve been trying for food that will be appealing to him. It has to be something that he can feed himself, and being that he isn’t eating a great deal, I’d like him to eat some good food!
These vegetable nuggets are great. I know, I know, broccoli and cauliflower doesn’t sound like the tastiest flavour of nuggets right? Seriously, these ARE yummy! A great way to get the kids eating vegies, I used to make them a lot for Miss E when she was little, but had forgotten about them until recently.
They freeze well, so you can freeze them in batches that are enough for morning tea or lunch, just pull them out in the morning and they should be thawed for eating in a couple of hours. I love to snack on them at work!
This made about 30 nuggets of various size.
Vegelicious Cauliflower & Broccoli Nuggets
- 500g of frozen cauliflower and broccoli florets – steamed until just cooked.
- 1/2 clove of garlic (minced or finely chopped)
- 1 cup of breadcrumbs – try multigrain for extra flavour
- 1 ½ cups of grated cheddar cheese
- 3 Large eggs or 5 egg yolks or equivalent No Egg
- Cracked pepper and herbs of your choice to taste (whatever you have on hand, I used parsley and oregano)
- Preheat your oven to 180 celcius. Line an oven tray with baking paper. Use a stick mixer if you have one to whiz up your cooked vegies. Otherwise very finely chop them.
- Combine all your ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Moosh out the mix onto a chopping board or bench top until about 1cm thick. Use cookie cutters to create your nuggets (Miss E helped!)
- Pop onto your tray. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, turn over halfway through cooking.