I headed into the Baby & Kids Market in Hobart yesterday. I turned up slightly later than I planned (though still before opening), which meant that the queue had already snaked itself around the corner of the building and halfway down the block - we Hobartians love a bargain!
Normally I make straight for the large items area - it’s my strategy as all the bargain big stuff goes quickly -but I was avoiding it as we don’t really need any outdoor toys or similar, so it was straight to the clothes!
I had a budget of $40 and had in my head what I needed. For Master O, I didn’t really need anything except for some soft shoes – sick of his socks falling off – and a well fitting beanie.
For Miss E, I was looking for size 3 & 4 items and size 7 or above shoes.
I did pretty well really, though Master O did come out with a fair bit – I think because I took him with me, everyone kept showing me the boys things! At least I found a beanie!
So out of the $40, I came home with $2 in my pocket. I bought the following…
- An Esprit striped polo $1
- Pumpkin patch silver stripe sneakers $1
- Rock Your Baby ABCD onesie $1
- Wiggles velvety cargo pants (I thought were just plain, but actually have Dorothy and some love hearts on one leg bottom – oops!) $2
- Kaboosh red corduroy trousers $3
And my two splurges…
- Jack & Milly overall and t-shirt set $5
- Toshi beanie $5
- Pumpkin Patch belted spotty skirt $2
- Target straight leg cargos $2
- 2 x pairs of Peter Alexander rubber duckie PJ’s $4
- 1 pair of Dorothy the Dinosaur PJ’s $1
- Milkshake stripey t-shirt $1
- Gumboots long sleeved deer t-shirt $1
- Target pink Cardigan $2
- Country Road denim skirt (looks and feels like it has never been worn) $5
- Country Road l/s stripey top $2
I’m pretty happy with the bargains I bagged, and I really enjoy a morning out searching for some special items, chatting with the stallholders and bumping into friends. For those that are curious, I thought I would share a picture of my favourite buys (Toshi Beanie, Jack & Milly overall set, Pumpkin Patch shoes and Gumboots deer top)…
If you want to know where the next Baby & Kids Market is closest to you (they run in most states), visit their website – http://babykidsmarket.com.au